The Central Virginia Regional Jail Authority conducts its routine monthly meeting on the second Thursday of every month. These meetings are open to the public and held at 4:00PM in the conference room located near the administration area of the facility. Anyone wishing to inquire as to the topics on the agenda may do so by contacting the Jail Superintendent.
Example of Envelope:
Sender's Full Address
Inmate's Block _____
C/O Central Virginia Regional Jail
13021 James Madison Highway
Orange, Virginia 22960
- Place stamp on top right hand corner of evenlope
1. Mail will be delivered within 24 hours after it is received with the exception of Sundays, and Holidays. Mail if any, received on these days will be delivered the next normal business day.
2. The Jail is not responsible for mail the sender says was mailed and not received, nor for mail that was damaged or lost by the Post Office. The sender of the mail is responsible for tracing any mail that was not received, damaged or lost.
3. All cash received in the mail will be returned to sender.
Friends and Families
Effective August 15, 2017, the following policy and procedure will be in place for inmate mail and correspondence. Incoming mail shall be processed
- ) All mail, except Legal Mail, shall be opened
by the Designated Mail Clerk prior to delivery
to the inmate. (6VAC15-40-640), (28 CFR 540.12)
- ) Photocopies will be made of all letters
and photographs received at the Central
Virginia Regional Jail. Only the copies of
received mail will be issued to the inmate.
Mailings shall not exceed a maximum
of 8 ½” x 11” photocopy pages front and
back 3 pages each and will be delivered
to the inmate. The original envelope and
all enclosed contents will be shredded
by the Facility Mailroom once they
Posted July 14, 2017
www.cvrj.org - Central Virginia Regional Jail. 13021 James Madison Highway. Orange, Virginia 22960 - Updated: 1-16-2018